UberTwitter App Review (Blackberry)
UberTwitter for BlackBerry 0.925 free software download
for BlackBerry is a full featured location aware Twitter client which
supports all of the features of Twitter as well as advanced
capabilities such as photo integration, embeded videos in tweets, tweet
shrinking, and URL shortening.
We have been working very hard to provide you with a 'knock-out' release for Beta-6. Unfortunately, the first pre-release of this version was shared widely beyond our group of testers, and to compound this, they didn't properly post the correct BlackBerry OS builds. We recognize that many of our users unfortunately downloaded this version, most with the wrong OS build. In order to rectify this problem, we are putting the first pre-release out there for anyone that wants to download it and give it a try. We have builds for 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, and 5.0. Please understand that this is not a finished product, the UI, colors, and some inner workings are not complete, but do work. The final release is still a few weeks away, but I hope that you agree that it will be well worth the wait!
The first pre-release for Beta-6 can be downloaded here: http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/rogue/download.php
The first list of features is available in the 'rogue' release, the rest we'll be working on:
* Lists, Lists, Lists!!! - You can create, delete, subscribe, add members, view members, all the functionality you would expect of an Über mobile client!
* Find People - You can search for people, just like the 'Find People' link on Twitter's home page.
* New Icon - We love it!
* Über Bar - We couldn't resist the name! This is a tab bar at the top of the screen, the neat thing is that you can add your own tabs! A list can be a tab, a saved search, and later other types of timelines.
The following features are still being worked and we hope to get them into the final Beta-6 release
* Retweets - We will support the old method and new method, you decide!
* Saved Searches - Fully integrated with Twitter's saved search capability.
* Update Twitter Profile - Yes, you will be able to update your Twitter profile directly from your phone.
* Profile Picture - We have heard you, we will allow you to upload a picture for your Twitter avatar right from your phone!
* Report Spam - One menu selection to report a tweet as a spam, and optionally block the user.
* Twitter Geo-Tagging - We will directly support Twitter's new geo-tagging capability. You can decide whether to still use myloc.me URLs, Twitter Geo-Tagging, or both!
* Twitter name menu - Type '@' and a list of your friends automatically pops up allowing selection
* Larger Avatars - Click the profile picture, and view a larger version!
* Various bug fixes.
>> Dowwnload UberTwitter for BlackBerry 0.925